Once you contact us to arrange collection the following process will ensue:
- We will call you back to quote a price for your vehicle.
- Once you are happy with the price and the service we will arrange a suitable time for one of our experienced vehicle collection drivers to visit you.
- The driver will arrive at your premises on time and inspect both the vehicle and DVLA documents (V5 – Log Book) to make sure that you are the legal owner of the vehicle. You may also be asked to provide a photo ID (driving licence or passport).
- The driver will then pay you in full on the spot and take ownership of the vehicle issuing you a receipt of sale.
- The driver will then load the vehicle on to one of our recovery vehicles.
- Your vehicle will then be transferred to our nominated and licensed vehicle recycling premises.
- Your vehicle will be decontaminated, battery, wheels and any hazardous parts are removed which will be either recycled or disposed of in an environmentally friendly process. Your vehicle will then be crushed.
- The DVLA will be subsequently notified of the transfer of your vehicle into our ownership for scrap.
Birmingham Scrap Car Buyers inspect all vehicles upon collection and identification checks are made prior to our purchase.